Friday, May 2, 2008

Ocean’s Song

I gaze up at the setting sky
Lying down off the shore,
As I lose myself amongst the breeze
I hear the ocean roar

Singing songs of peace and love
An ambient harmony so sound,
My life seems to sail away,
To this ocean I am bound

I see the birds fly far and high,
Watched by the waves so clean;
The painted landscape so unblemished
Carries me to a place so serene

The waves reach heights never seen before
In a mind so fragile;
I ponder over its vast existence,
Scope to romanticise a while

As the soft breeze brushes across
I close my eyes in pensive wish,
That I could swim away without a care
No sense; just beauty to relish

O’ Ocean! She has taught me of
The simple joys to appreciate;
To forget all grief, pain and woe
To watch the sun set so far away

No comments: