Monday, April 14, 2008

Her Poem


My mind engaged in her smile
She is the one in my dreams;
Yet every time I reach out,
She drifts further away it seems

These lonesome days I have to bare
Without her sweet scent;
The girl who has captivated me;
The girl, whom I have always dreamt

I gaze across the daffodils
In my mind she is free,
Running through the fields so perfect,
Calling out to me

Yet in my sweet sense divine
I feel afraid to talk;
The birds upon the blossomed trees,
Alas, how they do mock

Me? I am but a coward
One who cannot perceive;
That the girl in my subtle dreams
Might be the one for me

I try to call out to her
In the silence that I know;
Perhaps I am too fearful
My efforts all in but hope

Maybe; maybe I’m not the one for her
I struggle to comprehend;
How miserly my attempts are
All in a world of pretense

Perhaps someday, I’ll get through
Perhaps someday, she’ll know
That a shy boy is crazy about her,
And his feelings will ever grow

Till that time I wait in hope
To gather my shackled strength;
To reach out to the one I may love
The girl, whom I have always dreamt

No comments: